2016 is fast approaching and the ABC DRS are committed to making sure Queensland construction professionals, contractors, subcontractors and any others involved in the construction field have thoroughly prepared for any future payment claim, payment schedule or adjudication application that may come their way in the new year through their long-running BCIPA intensive training series.
BCIPA Intensive training
ABC DRS are pleased to announce the 2016 dates in this series which will be held in central Brisbane on the following dates:
- Thursday 17 March 2016.
- Thursday 21 July 2016.
- Thursday 3 November 2016.
In these sessions, our expert trainers will take participants through every nook and cranny of the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act, including the following details:
- The contracts covered by the BCIP Act and what you have to do to give yourself protection under this legislation.
- Putting together payment claims and getting your payment schedule right.
- How to build a convincing adjudication application and what to include in adjudication responses.
- Plus updated content on the amendments to the legislation that took effect in late 2014.
The sessions will all be led by leading expert in security of payment matters in Australia including:
Stephen Pyman | Principal of CDI Lawyers
Stephen practises in the field of building construction and development law. He has in-depth experience in the construction industry spanning over 25 years. He has extensive experience in pre-contract and tender negotiations, contracts and subcontracts.
Troy Lewis | Partner | Holding Redlich Lawyers
Troy is a recognised industry expert in relation to construction litigation and in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 editions of Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession, Troy is named as one of the leading construction litigation lawyers in Queensland.
Russell Welsh | Director | ABC DRS
Russell is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who has worked in the construction industry in the UK, Saudi Arabia, Korea and Australia for more than 30 years. Russell is also the only adjudicator in Australia to be registered in every jurisdiction with Security of Payment legislation.
Secure you place now and make sure you don’t miss out on these vital training session.
- Download the Queensland BCIPA intensive training registration flyer.
- Find out more about ABC DRS training opportunities.
- Contact the ABC DRS for further information.